Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

 



Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 29, 2009

4 weeks already!

It's hard to believe that Camden and Donovan are already 4 weeks old. This past Monday was their official due date- I can't imagine having gone that long! Life with twins is getting somewhat normal around here. Anybody that knows me even slightly knows that I'm a pretty organized, scheduled person. So is it really any surprise that the boys have already fallen into somewhat of a routine! Waking about every 3 hours to eat at night and sleeping well in between. During the day they take a nap after their morning feeding, have some playtime and a walk before lunch, and another good nap in the afternoon. The boys seem to have a very alert period between 4 and 6 which is nice so Daddy doesn't come home to a screaming house. The evening holds a little fussy time for both boys but they calm for their 9ish feeding then it's off to bed.

Derek returned to work 2 weeks ago but I was lucky to have the help of my Mom and my good friend Lisa at the beginning of the week. The boy's Aunt Alli came Tuesday night and stayed through Saturday to help Mommy out. What a lifesaver she was- helping with dishes, laundry, and best of all... the 3 am feedings! This week I have pretty much been on my own. The week went pretty smooth with only a few moments of both boys crying for Mom's attention. I took the boys for their first outing by myself on Thursday. We visited my friends at school during their lunch break. The boys did awesome!

I am proud to say that the boys are continuing to gain weight at a steady pace. I am still breastfeeding, yes feeding both boys almost exclusively! I am hoping my supply can keep up with their growing demand but we'll just take it as it comes. We have another dr checkup on Friday so we'll get the official weights then. Derek and I are loving every minute of this journey, even when we are fighting sleep during the nighttime feedings. Someday they will sleep through the night!

Camden 4 weeks


Donovan 4 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment