Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

 



Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Welcome to the world Camden and Donovan!



We are so excited to introduce you all to our sons!
Camden William (left) Donovan Kyle (right)

The boys arrived Friday, July 31st after an unexpected trip to the hospital on Wednesday. I had a dr appt that morning and the dr was a bit concerned about my blood pressure and labs. So off to labor and delivery I went to be monitored after a quick phone call to a panicked Derek. The dr ended up keeping me over night to continue monitoring me and the boys. After waiting all day Thursday for the results, the dr told us at 9:20 pm that our boys would be delivered first thing in the morning!

Camden's first picture

Donovan's first picture
Friday morning, at 36 weeks and 4 days the boys entered the world. Camden came first at 8:08am, followed by Donovan at 8:09am. Camden got to give me a kiss and was held for a minute by Derek. Donovan got a quick kiss from me and headed right to the nursery. Daddy followed the boys to the nursery for their tests and baths while they finished up my surgery. Camden was able to come right to my room shortly after I returned from recovery. Donovan was working a little harder to breathe so he got to spend a few days in the nursery so they could keep a close eye on him. Finally Monday night Donovan joined his brother in our hospital room.



We were all released from the hospital on Tuesday afternoon. After almost a week at the hospital we were all ready to go home. They boys seem to like their home and are adjusting well. They eat on the same schedule- trying to breastfeed first, then offering some formula until Mom can fill their bellies. They are sleeping well and frequently open their eyes to interact with us.





More pictures to come!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Amy and Derek! The boys are so adorable and precious. Wish we were right around the corner so we could visit, get some cuddles in, and help you guys out. :) Seems like things are going pretty well so far! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! We are very excited for all 4 of you. Looking forward to seeing them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I have to wait until Christmas to meet the little guys - so excited for you! Congratulations and all that - treasure those first few weeks; although I've never been so exhausted, I've also never been in such awe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations you guys! They are soooo adorable! Glad to hear things went smoothly. I bet if feels good to be home. Just wondering if the middle names are named after the grandpas?
    Enjoy your new sons! :)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete