Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

 



Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Great Day!

Today was one of those rare days where I can say- the ENTIRE day was a great day!

This morning we met some twin friends at the Bolingbrook pool for their tot swim time. We took my goddaughter Hannah along to help me with the boys. They loved the pool! I watched them run in and out of the (zero depth entry) pool with big smiles on their faces. They would jump up in the air and bump down on their bottoms, sometimes submerging their face in the water, laughing the whole time. Camden swam around like a little fishy, taking in big gulps of water. Donovan practiced his new skill of jumping- leaping off the side of the pool and into the foot or so of water. What a great morning.

On our way home we stopped for a treat- lunch at Culvers. The boys ate all their lunch and behaved like gentlemen, well most of the time! Hannah and I sure enjoyed our lunch dates.

Both boys fell asleep on the way home but to my surprise, they went back to sleep in their cribs until well after 3:00. The afternoon was spent playing in the basement without a single tear. They even entertained themselves while I made semi-homemade waffles for the three of us, Daddy is at softball tonight. After a filling dinner we enjoyed the cool temps outside until it was time to wash the dirt and sweat off with a nice bath.

Now that I have two little boys tucked into bed I am reflecting on my day... and what a perfect day it was!

Camden on the upper part, Donovan heading into the lower "fort"

Cam closing the door to his "fort"




Who needs a lawn mower with these two around!

No comments:

Post a Comment