Wow, we're already half way through our 16th week of this pregnancy! Things are progressing nicely and my belly is getting bigger. I had a dr check up last week at 15 weeks. BP was good, gained 1.5lbs, and the highlight: the nurse found the heartbeat withing 2 seconds of putting the doppler to my belly. Such a great sound! Dr. P said we could schedule my anatomy ultrasound for 19 or 20 weeks. We will have this ultrasound done at the hospital (because our availability didn't mesh with the office schedule) on Wednesday, March 28th. I looked back and we had the boys ultra sound on March 25th! We decided that we won't be finding out the gender this time- hoping I can stick to my guns and that the baby cooperates with that plan and doesn't give us a telling peek!
Some people have asked if this pregnancy feels different this time... In a way it does. It's not our first, there just isn't the same "firsts" with all of it. We aren't making registry lists, we aren't buying clothes (or many...), or even getting the nursery ready early. One positive difference though is I do feel more relaxed this time around. I was so worried with the boys- not only because it was a twin pregnancy but just because of our difficulty to have them. This time I'm not so worried. The boys certainly provide distraction too during the day! I haven't felt any definite kicks yet but maybe some little flutters. Can't wait to feel him/her moving around in there. I have been starting a little mental list of names that I like. Girls names are coming easy to me, not so much for the boy names. A sign maybe? :) I think Derek and I are going to differ on names a little more this time so that process shall be interesting!
Some people have asked if this pregnancy feels different this time... In a way it does. It's not our first, there just isn't the same "firsts" with all of it. We aren't making registry lists, we aren't buying clothes (or many...), or even getting the nursery ready early. One positive difference though is I do feel more relaxed this time around. I was so worried with the boys- not only because it was a twin pregnancy but just because of our difficulty to have them. This time I'm not so worried. The boys certainly provide distraction too during the day! I haven't felt any definite kicks yet but maybe some little flutters. Can't wait to feel him/her moving around in there. I have been starting a little mental list of names that I like. Girls names are coming easy to me, not so much for the boy names. A sign maybe? :) I think Derek and I are going to differ on names a little more this time so that process shall be interesting!



No comments:
Post a Comment