Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

 



Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 2, 2012

2 1/2 Years Old

It's hard to believe that my babies are 2 1/2 years old already. Even crazier that they will be big brothers shortly after their 3rd birthday. What an exciting summer it will be. Here's a little update on our boys.

Camden William

  • You continue to be our more outgoing child. You greet everyone you see at the grocery store and run screaming "Mommy" across the classroom when I pick you up from school.
  • Your favorite comfort items are your blue and green teddy bears your Grandma Ring made (you and your brother were each supposed to have one but somehow they've both become yours).
  • You are starting to show a little more interest in your clothing choices- yes, I'm talking about those bright blue socks you HAD to wear even though they SO did not go with your clothes that day. I will remind you that after the begging and pleading I did give in and let you wear those bright blue socks out in public!
  • You love to read, to yourself. We frequently will catch you with a favorite book reading to your self. You've done a great job learning the story and using the pictures to "read" it. The one day you were reading Brown Bear Brown Bear and I could see you peeking at the next page to see what animal was coming next so you could finish reading the page you were on. Makes my teacher/mommy heart swell.
  • You know most of your colors, letters, and letter sounds. Smart Boy!
  • You love to go to places- you can't wait to get your shoes on and go... anywhere! I love the "Oh Boy" you shout from the backseat when we arrive in the library parking lot. Other favorite destinations include: school, church, the goldfish store (walmart, seeing the goldfish is your treat for being good), and Grandma & Grandpa's house. You never once complain about an outing! Even the dr's office is fun for you!
  • Things you like to say: "I watch Rocket?" your favorite cartoon right now is Little Einsteins. "I no like fish" somehow you got it in your head you don't like fish and you tell us at almost every meal (and no, you've never even had fish!).
Donovan Kyle

  • You continue to be our shyer child in social settings. You take a little while to warm up to new settings but once you do you know how to use those baby blues to turn on the charm.
  • Your favorite comfort item right now is your Baby Elephant. You still need your blankie bear in your bed but Baby Elephant has earned a spot on your pillow as well.
  • You love fruit, all fruit- pineapple, kiwi, Grandma's oranges (the "real" orange, not from a can), etc. You also require a bowl of yogurt most mornings with breakfast. Your favorite snack has got to be "eggs", which are really yogurt covered raisins.
  • You always answer all the cartoon characters questions and do exactly what they tell you to do when you're watching tv. So cute!
  • You know most of your colors, letters, and letter sounds! Smart boy!
  • You love to go to church! Right now it's because of the cool semi truck you get to play with in the nursery and the snack table after the service, but I hope as you grow up you will continue your enthusiasm for your faith.
  • Your favorite toy- matchbox cars for sure! You can drive 2 cars around the couch cushions and be totally happy as long as no one gets in your space.
  • Things you like to say: "I'm so happy!" "I watch baby elephant?" your favorite movie right now is Dumbo. "I need ___" everything you want is an I Need right now- I need water, I need yogurt...

In April we will be taking our first BIG family vacation- we will be spending 8 days in Florida, several of those will be spent visiting Disney. We haven't really told the boys as they will think we are going tomorrow. I am so excited to see their reaction to the new adventure- first time on a plane, first time seeing the Disney castle (which right now they associate with their Dumbo movie), and their first time seeing the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse characters. When we return there will be some big changes going on. No more bedtime pacifiers, the start of potty training and the transition to big boy beds. I sure hope we're all up for the challenge. Then its a summer of family outings to local attractions before our family of four becomes a family of five.

No comments:

Post a Comment