
It's been really neat the past couple of weeks because I've actually been able to feel the little guys moving around. Kind of weird feeling something poking out of my wife's stomach! Actually saw a little jab as well with a little bubble popping up on Amy's belly. At night Amy sometimes tells me that they're being active and that she just wants to go to sleep. I'll put my hand on her belly to see if I can feel them and then they stop before I even put my hand on there. I guess they know when Dad's around they'd better shape up and stop messing around. I really don't think anybody is going to mistake me for the disciplinarian between the two of us and it's not going to be a household where Amy is frustrated and says "wait until your dad gets home." That is the one thing I'm most nervous about is when they are old enough to talk back and how I'll respond. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
We're starting to get the nursery around. We know what we're going to do with the colors (so I've been told). It's just amazing the amount of stuff 2 little people require. I haven't even heard of half of the stuff we've registered for but if the boss says we need it, well then by golly we need it.
I guess that's it. I don't have too much more to say. If you want to know anything that I didn't say above, go ahead and ask a question in the comment section.


I like your post, Derek. Maybe I should have my hubby do a post once in awhile. Anyway, Amy, you look so cute. What colors are you planning for the nursery? Do you have bedding picked out, too? How exciting!
ReplyDeleteGood Posting, Derek. It is nice to hear both sides of this wonderful time of your life. I think Amy has that beautiful glow of a happy mom to be! I've found that I really appreciate these blogs to keep in touch with the exciting happenings in our family.
ReplyDeleteLove, Aunt Rose
Derek: This is awesome! I wish I was 1/2 as good as you guys about doing our blog (yuck!) Anyhow, just wanted to say that I pray for you guys regularly and I look forward to coming home this summer and seeing your new little guys! How exciting! Great Colts outfits too! Blessings, Angie
ReplyDeleteNice Derek, good job.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing both of you this weekend. I'm sure there will be plenty of baby talk.