Tomorrow starts our 22nd week of this pregnancy. I continue to be amazed by how quickly the time seems to be passing. I have been very lucky that I have sailed through the first 21 weeks with little to no problems (aside from the early blood problems and the possible thyroid issues)- I never really had morning sickness and have been able to work as normal. This week was another story! I'm starting to get more uncomfortable as my belly seems to grow daily. I'm just not used to the extra me sticking out! I can see that I need to start slowing down and taking it easy. I worked in the yard a little on Thursday when it was so nice, but was quite sore on Friday then and spent most of the day on the couch. I really don't want to have to give up my gardening for the summer! Little doses I guess. At least Derek is a good weed puller and will help me out. The boys have been very active lately- movin' and groovin' a lot during the day. Derek is finally able to feel the move which he was so waiting for! Next weekend is my big scrap weekend so that will be a great chance for me to sit and relax while visiting with my friends. I plan on floating in the pool a bit too- Ahh!
I think the "nesting" has begun! I worked this week cleaning out the nursery as it was our catch-all-room. Derek was so kind to carry all the extra stuff to the basement for me. We have put the cribs together and are now on a hunt for a dresser that we can also use as a changing table. I'm dying to go get some paint samples and get thinking about painting the walls. I am anxious to see what Mom Ring can help me design for the room.
Ultrasound this Wednesday
OB appt May 4th


Get as much done as you can early on! That's advice from someone whose bedrest started at 23 weeks. I'm sure you'll be fine - watch those blood pressure numbers and get rest when you feel tired. Don't overdo it - you're absolutely right - little doses of work when you have spurts of energy. My advice for the discomfort: if you start to have back/neck/hip pain (or should I say 'when'), see if you can get your doctor to approve prenatal massages. I have a small co-pay and insurance covers the rest- up to 20 visits! It's worth every penny!! Now, if I could only get them to cover pedicures...although I guess it doesn't matter much if I can't see my own feet, right?
ReplyDelete